At MeetKai we are building a next generation voice assistant. We are looking for a Special Assistant to the CEO that can make sure we keep the company on track!
Status: Full Time
Job Title: Special Assistant to the CEO
Compensation: Salary $65K, with benefits, opportunities for equity as well
Location: This position can be done remotely during the pandemic, but ideally the candidate would be in Northern or Southern California, or willing to relocate, once MeetKai’s offices open back up.
This position has room for growth within the company, and we are therefore looking for somebody who wants to be here long term. This is a startup, so we are looking for someone driven, motivated, and flexible. The Special Assistant reports directly to the CEO and the Board. You will be expected to wear many hats as the right hand to the CEO, including tasks that fall under the umbrellas of Project Management, Business Development, and Administration.
MeetKai is a cutting-edge AI startup focused on human-device interaction. Founded in 2018 by Weili Dai and James Kaplan, MeetKai is well financed and scaling quickly. We have a core team of 14 and looking to (at least) double by the end of the year. We have offices (currently closed) in Santa Clara and Marina Del Rey. We have a woman-majority board, and most of our business and prospective business is international.
- Monitor the progress of different projects to make sure milestones are being met.
- Be able to interface with external parties to take feedback and implement this feedback internally.
- Identify issues in workflow and find resolutions.
- Handle high-level client calls and meetings.
- Act as stand in for CEO at meetings when needed.
- Help strategize business development worldwide, including marketing and recruiting.
- Create agendas for daily internal check ins across different teams.
- Create agendas for calls with external customers.
- Help design and implement company policy.
- Serve as liaison between staff and management.
- Provide support and assistance to administrative staff.
- Take notes and summarize internal meetings that the Chairwoman or CEO are not on.
- Take notes on external customer meetings and follow up on questions that were asked.
- Manage calendars, meetings, call schedules, travel as needed.
- Manage internal tickets and provide updates to customers that reported them.
Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Works well without supervision
- Is comfortable managing teams of engineers and interacting with high-level clients
- Has a business-oriented approach and finds creative solutions to problems
- Is organized, adaptable, a fast learner, and good communicator (both written and spoken)
- Background in tech or computer science is a plus
- Speaking multiple languages is a plus, particularly Mandarin